We are writing to let you know that today, we are publishing comprehensive guidance for the NHS Friends and Family Test (FFT), which covers implementation in NHS trusts, GP services and dental services.
- It is our intention to make it a contractual requirement for dentists with an NHS contract to implement the FFT from 1 April 2015.
In summary, the principles of the FFT are as follows:
- The FFT is an anonymous feedback tool that should be available to all patients,
- It is to be used to give feedback as soon after a patient’s interaction with the NHS as possible, and in this way it remains a real time feedback tool,
- The ability to leave a free text comment must be available,
- Results of the initial FFT question (not the free text comments) should be submitted to NHS England on a monthly basis as part of the national collection.
Barry Cockroft & Giles Wilmore
Part One Download: Click Here to download in PDF Format1
Part Two Download: Click Here to download in PDF Format2Share